E-text is structured electronic text which is accessible to people with a print disability, that is, to people who can’t access information from regular print. The Guidelines for Accessible E-text provide document creators with best practice accessibility methods across a variety of electronic formats in common use. The guidelines replace the Round Table’s 1995 Guidelines for preparation of text materials on computer disk for people with print disabilities.
The guidelines are available as a free download using the links below.
- Word version (doc 166kb)
- Large print 18pt version (doc 169kb)
- Print version (pdf 195kb)
- Electronic braille BRF version (brf 45kb)
- Duxbury Braille Translator version (dxb 55kb)
- DAISY version text only (zip 90kb)
Last updated: January 13, 2016 at 15:53 pm