One of the key activities of Round Table is development of guidelines for the production of accessible formats, including audio, braille, large print, e-text and tactile graphics. These guidelines should be used by anyone producing alternate formats to ensure quality and usability for people with a print disability.
All recently-published Round Table guidelines are available for free download in a range of electronic formats.
The guidelines are issued under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivative Works license. This means that Round Table owns copyright in the guidelines, but anyone may make and distribute copies of the guidelines documents as long as they are not modified, profit is not made and Round Table is correctly attributed as the copyright holder.
Round Table guidelines
- ABA Rules and Guidelines for Formatting Braille (2016)
- Unified English Braille Australian Training Manual (2014)
- The Rules of Unified English Braille – second edition (2013) – published by the International Council on English Braille in conjunction with Round Table
- Sound Advice Guidelines (2013)
- Guidelines for Producing Clear Print (2011)
- Duxbury Braille Translator Producer’s Manual (2011)
- Guidelines for Accessible Assessment (2011)
- Guidelines for Accessible E-text (2009)
- Guidelines on Conveying Visual Information (2005)
- Older guidelines available for purchase
Round Table working groups are currently finalising work on The Accessible Examination Guidelines (2017) and the Guidelines for Accessible eText (2017).
Guidelines produced by other organisations
Refer to our Useful Links page for a list of guidelines on accessible information that are produced by other agencies.
Last updated: July 11, 2017 at 13:39 pm