Commonwealth Department of Social Services
National Disability Conference Initiative
2017 Round Table Conference Funding Support
Round Table on Information Access for People with Print Disabilities Inc (Round Table) has been successful in obtaining a grant from the Commonwealth Department of Social Services’s National Disability Conference Initiative 2016-17 grant, administered under the Disability, Mental Health and Carers Programme. The purpose of the grant is to help offset the financial cost to self-funded individuals with a print disability wishing to attend Round Table’s annual conference, which is to be held in Perth from 6-9 May 2017.
All applicants seeking a portion of the funding support made available by this grant must
- be an Australian resident.
- complete and lodge an application form on or before Friday, 24 February 2017.
- Applicants must complete an application form. This can be done either by completing and submitting the on-line application form or by contacting the Round Table Administration Officer .
- Within twenty-one days of the close of applications applicants will be notified in writing of the success or otherwise of their application, the amount of funding allocated to them, and the process to be followed when making a reimbursement claim.
- Successful applicants must, within fourteen days of receiving this advice, advise the Round Table’s Administration Officer (in writing) that they wish to accept the funding offer. Failure to notify their intention within this timeframe will mean that the offer lapses and the funding support can then be reallocated by Round Table’s Executive Committee.
- Claims for reimbursement. Receipts pertaining to travel, accommodation and registration fees, for which the applicant is seeking reimbursement, must be in the applicant’s name (not a third party), and must be lodged with the Round Table’s Administration Officer within two working weeks of the close of Conference. Failure to do so will render them ineligible for reimbursement.
- Late applications may not be able to be considered.
- All decisions are made by the Round Table Executive Committee and are final.
- Funding is limited and some applicants may therefore not be successful with their request for support.
- Priority may be given to first time attendees, as well as those who are listed as a “presenter” in the Conference Program.
- Each successful applicant will be allocated a predetermined amount of funding reimbursement which will be a contribution only toward the cost of conference travel, accommodation and registration fees.
- Conference registrants are responsible for payment of their own costs and can only claim reimbursement from Round Table upon presentation of their receipts which must show that costs have been paid in full.
- All reimbursements will be made according to the instructions given on the application form and within 30 days of the claim being lodged.
Applicants are requested to complete and lodge an application before 24 February 2017. For further information, or assistance with completing the application form please contact the Round Table Administration Officer.
Last updated: October 3, 2016 at 12:50 pm