“Information Access – new modes, technologies and opportunities”
Information access is important to all persons with print disabilities (including, but not limited to, people with vision impairment) and has many dimensions, including format (braille, large print, E-text, etc.), facilities (libraries, agencies, educational institutions, government bodies) and modes of access (mobile touch devices, laptop, refreshable braille). The 2017 Conference will explore the ever-expanding opportunities presented to people with print disabilities for information access and creation, communication and learning.
This conference provides three full days of technical, research and panel sessions, presentations and practical workshops on issues related to accessibility. There are also many opportunities for networking and socialising with key speakers, panel members and attendees.
Don’t miss keynote addresses by:
- Debra Barnes, VisAbility COO – Planning a Better Future: A Consumer-driven Approach
- Dick Lunenborg, Bartiméus Institute for the Blind in the Netherlands – Unlocking the worlds of people with profound and complex needs.
- Iain Murray (AOM), Curtin University WA – Technology unlocking your potential.
Our program also includes feature speakers:
- Katrina Porter (AOM), Paralympian Gold Medallist in Swimming – ‘Making your dreams come true’.
- Helen Nys, Disability Services Commission WA – Western Australia’s NDIS model and the roll out of the scheme to WA.
Dates and Venue
Saturday, 6 May 2017 – Tuesday, 9 May 2017
Dated: 6 April 2017
Register now to attend the 2017 Round Table Annual Conference and be in to win a Basic-D V4 embosser very generously donated by Pentronics.
A live auction will take place at the Conference Dinner on Monday, 8 May – will you be the lucky winner?
2017 Trade Exhibitor Opportunities
2017 Volunteer Opportunities
Please note: No more volunteers are required.
2017 Round Table Conference Funding Support
Applications for the 2017 DSS funding grant have now closed.
Call for Papers Has Closed