Theme – “Access and engagement with the marketplace of information, technologies and learning”
Information access is important to all persons with print disabilities, and has many dimensions including format (braille, large print, E-text, etc.), facilities (libraries, agencies, educational institutions, government bodies) and modes of access (tablet, laptop, refreshable braille). The 2016 Conference will explore the ever-expanding opportunities presented to people with print disabilities for communication, learning and information access and creation.
Dates and Venue
Saturday, 14 May 2016 – Tuesday, 17 May 2016
Bayview on the Park, 52 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria
- Maryanne Diamond, General Manager, Media, Comms and Engagement, National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) – “Implications of the NDIS for people with print disabilities and Round Table member organisations; and “state of play” of the Marrakesh Treaty”
- Mark Tainsh, Director, Disability and Inclusion, Department of Education and Early Childhood Development, Victoria – “The Department of Education and Training – An inclusive schooling system: Our journey and destination”
Sponsors and support
Round Table proudly acknowledges the following Sponsors of the 2016 Round Table Conference.
- Silver Sponsor – Media Access Australia
- Australian Government’s Department of Social Services
Round Table would like to acknowledge the generosity of the following businesses for their donations, including gifts for conference presenters and volunteers.
The support of the following organisations, for production of accessible format conference materials, is also gratefully acknowledged.
- Blind Foundation New Zealand
- Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC)
- Royal Society for the Blind of SA Inc.
- Vision Australia
The support of training for hotel staff and volunteers is also gratefully acknowledged.
The following exhibitors were present and provided donations for the exhibitors quiz:
- HumanWare – global leaders in the provision of intuitive, intelligent solutions for people with a print disability
- IDEAS – real people, real listening, information on disability and education awareness services
- Pentronics – distribution and repairs of braille and adaptive technology products in Australia
- Pacific Vision – leading provider of hardware and software products for people who are blind or who have low vision
- Reach and Match – empowers children with vision impairment & multi-disabilities through its innovative design and inclusive learning program
Should you have any queries or require the conference documentation in an alternate format please do not hesitate to contact us.
Last updated: May 25, 2016 at 12:39 pm