2015 Conference Exhibition Dates
Sunday 3 May – Monday 4 May 2015
Stamford Plaza Adelaide
150 North Terrace
Adelaide SA 5000
Tammy Axelsen, Administration Officer
Round Table on Information Access for People with Print Disabilities Inc
PO Box 229 LINDISFARNE Tasmania 7015
Ph: Mobile 0417 101 418
Fax: +61 3 6265 1519
Exhibitor Registrations Close:
23 March 2015
2015 Conference Theme:
“Dynamics of information access- Current and future contexts and designs”
Information Access is important to all people with print disability, and has many dimensions including format (braille, large print, E-text, etc.), facilities (libraries, websites, agencies, educational institutions, local councils) and modes of access (tablet, laptop, refreshable braille). There has been rapid growth and change in the field and the 2015 Conference will explore the efficacy and efficiency of current access provisions and provide an insight into future designs and models. These will be explored through a mix of speakers, panel discussions and workshops.
- To share information about the latest developments in provision of accessible information
- To provide information for people with a print disability
- To enhance dialogue between users and providers of accessible information
- To promote and enhance collaborative partnerships and peer support networks
- To showcase and workshop examples of best practice in the provision of accessible information and technology for children and adults with a print disability
- To explore person-centred policies, supports and services provided for children and adults with a print disability in work places, schools and educational institutions, and local communities
The annual conference attracts delegates from public libraries, government, education, not for profits, and community based organisations and consumers. It is estimated that 80 – 125 delegates per day will be in attendance.
Exhibition packages are an ideal way to position or expand your company/organisation as a key player in the area of service delivery to people with a print disability and service providers.
The exhibition will be located in the conference foyer area. The area will be designed to ensure good visibility, access to all stands and maximise foot traffic.
All Exhibitor Registration Packages Include:
- An opportunity for your representative to address conference delegates at the “Exhibitor Showcase”.
- An opportunity for your organisation to conduct a workshop on your products.
Note: Limited opportunities are available and will be allocated in order of registrations received.
- An opportunity to network with conference delegates during the Welcome Function and the Conference Dinner.
- Participation in an exhibitors quiz.
Level 1 Exhibitor Registration Package ($800) also includes:
- Full conference registration for one representative for Sunday and Monday, including lunch on each of these days, the Conference Welcome Reception and the conference Dinner.
- A single length display table (with access to power) in the conference foyer area, where conference delegates will assemble for morning and afternoon teas and during other conference breaks.
Level 2 Exhibitor Registration Package ($1290) also includes:
- Full conference registration for two representatives for Sunday and Monday, including lunch on each of these days, the Conference Welcome Reception and the conference Dinner.
- A double length display table (with access to power) in the conference foyer area, where conference delegates will assemble for morning and afternoon teas and during other conference breaks.
Exhibitor product and services information
Exhibitors are encouraged to bring product and services information to the conference to display on their stand. Round Table encourages exhibitors to have this information available in alternative formats to meet the needs of the conference audience.
Registering for the Conference
Notice for Jaws screen reading software users
There is a recognised problem between JAWS and Internet Explorer that causes the word “region” to be spoken on each form field, immediately before the field name is spoken (such as First, Last, E-mail etc). If you find this annoying try setting JAWS Verbosity to “advanced” or use another browser.
Round Table is now using new software to create on-line forms and would welcome feedback from users. If you have difficulties completing any Round Table form please contact the Round Table Administration Officer.