One of the major activities of the Round Table is an annual Conference for information sharing and learning. The Conference includes the Round Table AGM and is held annually, usually in May.
This conference provides three full days of technical, research and panel sessions, presentations and practical workshops on issues related to accessibility. There are also many opportunities for networking and socialising with key speakers, panel members and attendees.
Dates and Venue
Watch this space for details on the conference. to be held in Sydney in early May 2018.
All communication regarding the Round Table Conference is circulated on the Round Table Mailing List. Documents & updates are posted on this website as they become available.
- To share information about the latest developments in provision of accessible information
- To provide information for people with a print disability
- To enhance dialogue between users and providers of accessible information
- To promote and enhance collaborative partnerships and peer support networks
- To showcase and workshop examples of best practice in the provision of accessible information and technology for children and adults with a print disability
- To explore person-centred policies, supports and services provided for children and adults with a print disability in work places, schools and educational institutions, and local communities
Proceedings and papers from past conferences
Each year the Round Table runs a conference to facilitate and influence the production and use of quality alternative formats for people with print disabilities. Conferences showcase examples of best practice in the provision of accessible information to people with a print disability in the workplace and the community centre, including businesses, agencies, tertiary institutions, libraries, Commonwealth, State and local government.
2017 – Perth “Information Access – new modes, technologies and opportunities”
2016 – Melbourne “Access and engagement with the marketplace of information, technologies and learning”
2015 – Adelaide “Dynamics of information access – Current and future contexts and designs”
2014 – Brisbane “Information Access – Putting the Person at the Centre”
2013 – Sydney “Digital Literacy: Making the World Accessible”
2012 – Perth “Universal Access: Are We There Yet?”
2011 – Melbourne “Bridging the Information Access Gap, Past Successes & Future Challenges”
2010 – Auckland “Think Globally, Act Locally!”
Last updated: May 22, 2017 at 19:33 pm